It should be submitted as a professional presentation, supported by 12 PowerPoint slides. Slides which need further explanation should be accompanied by speaker’s notes/slide notes,
Task: You are a first time entrepreneur who wants to start a new business. You have found an investor to fund your business. However, he wants a detailed explanation about the non-financial aspects of the proposed business. He would like to listen to a presentation delivered by yourself on the following aspects, to get an overall idea about the venture.
The presentation must cover the following aspects,
- Background of the business and operation strategy (max two slides)
- Opportunity for the business to thrive in the existing environment – it must include macro environmental analysis, industrial analysis and identification of target customers (max 3-4 slides)
- Human resource strategy – it must include the strategies to recruit and select employees, manage performance and motivate employees
- Potential challenges in different stages of the life cycle of the venture and potential mitigation strategies your analysis should be grounded in appropriate academic literature and must provide clear evidence of independent critical evaluation.
12 PowerPoint Slides 2400 words in total including notes FORMATING AND LAYOUT
- WRITING – Written in English in appropriate academic/business style
- FOCUS – Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment
- DOCUMENT FORMAT – Power Point slides with notes (Converted to PDF)
- Ensure you present a clear title, course name, and name or ID number on a cover sheet and a reference list using Harvard referencing are provided
- Research – Research should draw on reliable and relevant sources of information. Eg. Academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.