Purpose: cultural safety position statement
The purpose of this assessment to assist you to develop understanding of the importance of cultural safety in your own healthcare workplace and to allow you to demonstrate your understanding og the role of cultural safety in contributing towards improving health outcomes. Your position statement should address the organasation’s target audience. Instruction
There are two parts to this assessment
Prepare a cultural safety position statement for an organization that you work with or are familiar, with that outlines the importance of providing effective health communication and health literacy as part of your organisation’s overall strategy to deliver culturally safe healthcare-500 words
Important: you must choose an actual health organization. It can be one that your work for you or have worked for it or it can be an organization that you are interested in or admire.
For the purposes of this assessment the term position statement is defined as
A range of evidenced-based statements to communicate an organisation’s position on key issues of relevance to achieving a healthy Australia, supported by the best possible healthcare system.
Written documents outlining the rationale underpinning your position statement-1000 words. This should be following
- Why having such statement important for providing culturally safe healthcare environment
- The importance of effective communication in the provision of culturally safe environment
- Explain the relationship between health literacy and effective communication
- The external influences (historical and contemporary, factors like the media) that may contribute or detract from culturally safe practice in the healthcare environment
- How might this contribute to improving the health outcomes of the organisation’s target clients?
- What is the barrier, to implementing this position statement that might exist within the organization? And how might these barriers is overcome?
Support your comments with reference to the academic literature, recommend at least 10 references published between 2009-2019
Submit the assignment as one document.
Organisation choosed is Royal hobart hospital